Monday, January 30, 2012

God Gave Us You


One of Owen’s favorite (my favorite) books to read before bed is called, God Gave Us You. It is a sweet little book about a momma and daddy bear that tell their cub the story of how he came to be. It goes on to say that God had picked the cub out especially for the momma and daddy bear. After we read this book (and I fight the tears that come every time I read it) I always whisper in Owens ear “God gave us you”. 

At night when we are in the nursery sitting in the big chair together, we study each other’s faces. I’ve looked at him so long, I feel as if I should know the number of lashes on his lids and the name of the exact color of the blue that fills his eyes. He touches my hands over and over again, looking so closely at every finger. I know that there will come a day when Owen will be a big boy and we won’t have those moments as often. I try so hard to slow down time. As tired and grumpy as I get, I take a moment and think about the special bond that sleepless hours have given us. 

God gave me Owen because he knew that was what I needed. He is what my life was meant for and I will spend the rest of my days telling him how deep my love is and how special my first baby boy is to me. He has changed everything and I am so blessed God gave him to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment